Saturday, August 1, 2009

Not What We Hoped For

Our girls, Nora Kristine and Harper Elizabeth did not make it and I gave birth to them on July 30th after a long and hard labor. The girls were very tiny and very beautiful. I'm not really ready to talk about things yet but I do want to thank our family and friends for being so incredibly supportive. I am also very thankful to my doctor who was beyond amazing and the nurses who took such good care of my family and myself. Most of all I want to thank Sloan and especially Drew for helping me get through this and am blessed to say we've only become closer because of this tragedy.

Sometimes saying hello and good-bye in the same day is worth the sorrow.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Beautiful names for beautiful girls.

Your grief is by far the strongest, but we are all mourning with you for your loss. My heart is in a million broken pieces over this.

I love you so much and will see you tomorrow at one-ish.

Sharon McKinley said...

I think Kim said it best, we are all grieving for your loss.

Meema 2007 said...

Laurie, I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers, as is your family. Your girls are watching over you as Cassiday and Josh, Jr are watching over Josh & Nicole. They say God has a purpose for everything; it's just very hard to accept that sometimes. Miss you, girl, take care.

Marmie said...

I've said it before, Sloan is the great little young lady she is because of you. She is constantly watching you to see how you handle yourself and she emulates you. I'm not surprised you're responding as expected. I'm sure your sadness is immeasurable and I know that God will carry you through.