Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Reasons I Could Hurt Someone With A Steel Bat

Sloan and I were on our way to get her 6th grade immunizations today. We were sitting at a red light at 21st and Arlington, which I will add, not the safest place in Indianapolis, when a car slammed on its brakes and hit us extremely hard from behind. (Sloan is fine, and I just have a headache) As quickly as the man hit me was as about as quick as he was backing up and heading the opposite direction.

I called the police and told them about the accident and waited until they came. Once they got there I told them the man was in his mid 30's, medium built, wearing a white t-shirt, was black and was driving a green '93-'94 SHO Taurus and his last 4 digits of his Indiana license plate was 2964.

After finishing up his report I asked him if they were going to look into finding the man that did this to me by running the plate number. You would of thought I'd had just asked him the most ridiculous question in the world. He told me they weren't going to do anything and that's why I should be observant when I am hit so I'd be able to give the police more information next time if something like this happens again.

Seriously, are you kidding me, was I supposed to get the guy's social security number and his mother's maiden name? How is it that the person who is hit is the person whose made to feel they've done something wrong? Also, if all you have to do as a police officer is fill out a police report and not do anything else but make innocent people feel like crap, then sign me up, I can so do that!

(On a side note to God, come on give me a break already!)

6 comments:

LIZ said...

I think God DID give you a break..you are both OK thank God!!! (you may want to get checked out at the ER just to be sure espcially since you said you have a headache..did you call nurse Kris?)

On a side note...this totally sucks for you and is not fair after all you have been through.

Sharon McKinley said...

OMG - I'm glad you both are okay. I can't believe the guy took off. Just think, Karma will come back and bite him in the ass one day!

Kim said...

Here I was thinking, as I'm reading your description of the jackass who hit you, WOW, what a great job you did at paying attention to the details. And then I read that you were basically laughed at and chastised for not getting them enough info? WTF?! Even if they didn't have enough info to find the guy, the cop could have been nice and just said he'd do all he could and sorry, lady, that was a shitty thing that person did to you!

Have I mentioned how much people suck and how much I really don't like them??

Dawn said...

I'm glad you are okay...and Liz is right about God being on your side since you and Sloan came out of it unharmed.

I think I would be calling the Police Chief and reporting the officer that came to the scene of the accident.

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

I'm working to remember the glass is half-full guys, just not quite there yet!

LIZ said...

Honey...as long as it is is a WINE glass...half full..half empty...doesn't matter!!