Friday, August 21, 2009

TGFD (Thank God for Drew)

Yesterday, I had to drive to Zionsville and pick Drew up from the Progressive office because he was dropping the Acura off to have fixed. (Goodbye $500.00 deductible) I was close to running late because it was one of those mornings where truly everything goes wrong. I'm trying to get Sloan ready for school and get her all her books and appointments taken care of and with each phone call I make it requires me to make 4 more phone calls.

I had to get Drew at 2:00 and noticed it was close to 1:30 so I stopped what I was doing and jumped in the Jeep. Dammit, I'd forgotten I wanted to get to the dump in the morning. My jeep was filled with an old door and a ton of cardboard boxes that were from our bathroom renovation. Why do we have garbage in the jeep do you ask? Oh heaven's sake people, our garbage men don't collect that kind of garbage they only take 7 BAGS of garbage a week. (Another job I'm thinking of applying for if I don't get on the police force!)

So there I am in my Jeep, loaded up with garbage and as I'm driving I hear the wind blowing quite strongly through my car. I look and notice the back window is down so I push the automatic window to close it and what do you know, the window doesn't go up!! (The back window power window is broke!)

Ok..so now I'm driving to Zionsville with the wind whipping through the car loaded up with garbage, Yee haw!! I get to Zionsville and am about 2 blocks from the Progressive office and I notice my jeep is swaying to the right and then all of a sudden my jeep gets the familiar bumping feeling when you have a flat tire. (Here's the part when I want to kill someone.) As I'm trying to turn into the gas station I have 3 cars slow down and mouth to me and point to my tire and say, "You have a flat tire!" (Really???!!!!! Is that why my car was vibrating across the road with sparks flying, seriously does anyone really need to be told they have a flat tire!!)

At this point really I'm just done I have thrown up my hands and have truly just given up. I call Drew and tell him what has happened and he said he'd be right over. As I'm sitting at the gas station looking across the street at the Super Target in front of me it dawns on me, I'm in Zionsville, the city I should be living in if it wasn't for the crazy lady who decided to sue me this year a day after we put a $5,000.00 deposit down on our home lot and ended up not getting the house for fear we'd lose our current house in the lawsuit and then paying over $10,000 in lawyer fees and a settlement. If I wasn't done 5 minutes ago before realizing this now I'm really done and about ready to start crying right there at the gas station. 2009 has sucked ass!

Drew luckily gets there before I hold up the gas station or highjack someone's car and he has decided to just bite the bullet and got a rental car. He changes my tire and the whole time he is cracking jokes and takes the attitude at this point Laurie we just have to laugh at ourselves because this crap doesn't happen to anyone else. He proceeds to change the tire but not without getting grease all over his hands and shirt. When he is done he tells me to take the rental and he'll take the jeep and head over to the dump to get rid of the garbage.

He gets into the jeep filled with garbage with the broken window with the grease all over his hands, shirt and now face and winks at me and says in his best Nascar twang, "Baby, I bet you've never wanted me so badly!"

Funny thing, he's absolutely right!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

You have had a bad year, but at least you have Drew and Sloan...they are great for you!

Sharon McKinley said...

Look at this this way - 4 more months and 2009 will be history. Chin up! Just think of what great stories you have for your book.

LIZ said...

You truly had a Jen Lancaster Day!!!! Bitter is the New Black!!!

Drew was defnately channeling Fletch!