Wednesday, July 1, 2009

11th Trip to New Buffalo With My Best Girl







This marks my 11th year taking Sloan to one of my most favorite places, New Buffalo, Michigan. Its a bit bittersweet because its my last year with just her before the twins are here. We always do the same thing, eat cheeseburgers at Redamak's, go shopping on the boardwalk, go antique shopping at Da Barn (next to Redamaks/they don't have a website) and relaxing on Lake Michigan. The downside I couldn't drink a Rolling Rock with my burger, the upside I actually finished a meal for the first time in a century. The weekend could not of been more perfect, good food, a good book, good shopping, perfect weather and more memories with my best girl!

5 comments:

Kim said...

I love that picture of her on the beach - cute swimsuit! Glad you guys had a great time. Maybe next year you'll need me to come along and help out with the babies???! ;)

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Wouldn't it be fun to get Dawn and Em and Ash to come too for a mommy and baby getaway!

Dawn said...

Great pics of Sloan. It would be great to join you next year. We may go next week so I will let you know if I like it.

Marmie said...

Would Joe and I enjoy going there for a couple of days? Or is it just a girl thing?

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Well if you and Joe enjoy eating, relaxing on the beach, drinking some cocktails and shopping then I think you'd love New Buffalo, its really a nice and relaxing getaway!