Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I Would Have Never Guessed This!



I was going to wait until I was at least 12 weeks to officially announce the news of baby bean but what's a week early right? I have been extremely tired these last few weeks and although its probably TMI, yesterday when I was getting ready to pick Sloan up from school I noticed I was spotting. Me being me freaked out and called my doctor to explain what was going on. She reassured me there was probably nothing to worry about but she wanted me to come in on Tuesday for an ultrasound just to be safe. Needless to say I slept approximately 3 hours last night.

Once Drew and I got to the hospital this morning they got us in quickly and my ultrasound technician was a total sweetheart, very personable and very easy to talk to. I'm pretty sure my legs were shaking because I was so scared for bad news and to make things even worse she got very quiet. She suddenly looked up and smiled and said I don't want to freak you out but....

Anyone have any ideas what she said next? Hint: There's nothing remotely wrong with me!

16 comments:

Dawn said...

no way....two babies! I'm so excited for you!

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Yep! Can you even believe it!

Kim said...

SHUT THE F*** UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim said...

NO REALLY, SHUT UP!!!!!!!

Kim said...

SERIOUSLY! OMG!!!! Be right back - must calm down...

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

I know!!!

Kim said...

Wow. It's not even MY news, and I swear to you if Asher weren't in bed sleeping and Stephen weren't sick in bed, I would have started screaming at the top of my lungs! I literally had to sit here for two minutes with my hands over my mouth!

This is so exciting! I don't know where to begin! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

(a) What was your initial reaction? Did you freak out? Did you start crying? Did you wet the damn table?!

(b) Were the first words out of Drew's mouth, "I TOLD YOU SO!"?

Dawn said...

I've looked at this several times tonight so see if it's real!

I showed Emerson the babies earlier, and she kept saying "where's babies mommy?"

Kim said...

Oh, and I'm totally LOL-ing at the "Laura" Jones listed on the screen. I can hear you whispering it now...LAURA...

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

I'm so excited I can't stand it but also totally scared. I started crying because I was happy and Drew was grinning from ear to ear. Sloan's first words were "I told you so, I knew it!!"

Kim said...

I will be honest with you - I am totally scared for you, too! This is so awesome, though. You were such a great mommy to Sloan that God is blessing you with two more to raise. I can't wait to find out what you're having - and whether or not they're identical!

See? I TOLD you Sloan knows everything!

And by the way, was this not the BEST mother's day gift you've ever received?!

Dawn said...

I'm not scared for you! You have already proved to be an awesome mother!

Dawn said...

P.S. Did the ultrasound tech say if there could be anyone else hiding on the other side of Baby A? It looks like Baby A could be hiding something!!!!! Wouldn't you really freak out!

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Ha ha Dawn, that's the baby's hand you see. Only 2 heartbeats!

Marmie said...

I'm so thrilled for you. I know you got pregnant because I asked you to!;) People who raise one great kid should not deprive society of more wonderful people. You are doing us all a great service (that doesn't sound right but it's the best I could do, maybe "favor" is better?). I'm like Kim, I'm really YELLING this at the top of my horse voice. ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!!!

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Thanks Marmie, I will put you down for babysitting!!