Saturday, May 9, 2009

Babies Already Costing Us Too Much Money!



Drew and I both woke up very early this morning and neither of us could go back to sleep so we decided to go out and get some breakfast. After breakfast we wanted to go to PetSmart but they weren't open yet (I told you we got up early) so we decided to look at SUV's because there's no way the babies and Sloan will fit in the Acura or the Jeep. We stopped at the Chevy dealer to look at Tahoe's and soon found out there were three rows of seating but there was no room for a double stroller or even a couple bags of groceries in the back of the vehicle. It looks like we'll have to get a Suburban, or let's face it a small bus, cause as you all know I refuse to buy a minivan.

As we walked into the salesperson's office so he could get some information from us we passed the new Camaro and sadly my husband fell in love with it. He said I have to get it and I'm like ummm I don't think so, I don't remember us living in a trailer park and I'm pretty sure you're not 17 years old. He immediately explains to me that he needs one because he thinks he is about to have a mid-life crisis in which I responded, HAVE AN AFFAIR THEN!!!!

9 comments:

Kim said...

Hilarious! Does Drew think that because you are getting babies he should get a car? Remind him that you're having two so that you can share with him! ;)

What's even funnier is that you're so anti-minivan...meanwhile, we've been begging Stephen's parents to let us buy their minivan - I'm dying for one!

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Not buying a minivan because I"m trying to hold onto the only ounce of cool I have left after giving birth and I'm going to hang onto that little bit for dear life!

You should ask Sloan to explain the inside of a minivan to you, she'll tell you they all smell funny are sticky and have old french fries in the seats!

Kim said...

You'll have pounds of cool left, whatever!

Sloan is absolutely right - why else do you think I want one? I need a place to store all my old fries!

Dawn said...

You could get a VW bus and hang pretty curtains in the window!

I agree with the Suburban...it's so you!

Marmie said...

Who said minivans were uncool? We had the first one in Cass County and were envied by many. If I was only allowed to have one vehicle it would be a mini. What can't you do with a mini? Besides go to the opera? Ask Angela how her opinion change when they got theirs? She took a lot of ribbing, and I do mean a lot, but she has had the last laugh!

LIZ said...

Tell Drew it is more likely that he will be buying twin Camaro's for his twin teenagers. OK Drew....Suburban is the new Camaro for the Dad's expecting twins set.

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Too funny Liz I will have to show Drew what you wrote! I'm still shaking my head, did I really marry someone who wants a Camaro?

Unknown said...

Minivans are ridiculously practical.

And there is a reason the Honda Odyssey is the BMW of minivans.

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Sorry Stephen, the only reason parents say that about the Odyssey is to convince themselves it's even somewhat ok to drive a minivan. I don't care of the thing comes with coach interior and a personal nanny, I just can't make the leap!