Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sloan's First Concert





As I mentioned in my last post Sloan and I were going to see Kings of Leon on Friday night. We had so much fun. It was great to be able to experience Sloan's first concert with her. She started to get excited as we got closer to the concert. I don't think she had any idea how big it was going to be or how many people were going to be there. And since I have been listening to their CD's over and over again for the last 2 years she knew every one of the songs probably better then I did.

We had fun with the girls behind us who thought Sloan was cool for knowing all the songs and told Sloan how cool her mom was (duh) for taking her to see KOL. We also had fun making fun of the boys in front of us for yapping like girls and not listening to the concert. Sloan also got her first whiff of pot and I'm hoping she didn't get high and that I'm not getting her taken away from me, because truth be told it was pretty darn strong!

After the concert I got her the must have t-shirt every girl has to have to remember her first concert with, even if it did cost me $35.00. I think it will be money well spent though because she's worn it 3 days in a row and is planning on wearing it to gym class this week.

Then on our way home we listened to their last 2 CDS while belting out every tune and I couldn't help but think how I remembered how excited I was to do that very same thing many, many years ago at my first concert!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

How exciting...and why does Sloan look so darn tall in that picture...

LIZ said...

what a perfect modern Mother/Daughter evening!! Sloan is such a cool girl..just like her Mom!! ...and her Aunt Liz!

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

We all are pretty cool aren't we Liz!!