Friday, September 4, 2009

Are You Digital or Paper?



I'm actually a digital and paper gal. Drew has tried to convince me to go completely digital but I just can't. I think it might be because I was a paralegal for 15 years and when you work in a law firm it was all about your attorney and your calendar. For years I had a work calendar and a personal calendar. When I started school again I chose to use a paper calendar. Its the whole seeing everything there in front of you that I like but what I really like is crossing off things I have accomplished. I'm a list maker and there is nothing better then crossing off your list, its just not the same to delete it.

The photo you see posted is strictly Sloan's calendar with every thing I need to remember. I also have another paper calendar for to do's and my appointments and in addition I have a calendar on my iPhone and my computer that I usually use for a back up that beeps at me to remind me not to miss an appointment.

I have lots of calendars and it drives Drew crazy but for some reason my system works. I don't like my to-do's to be mixed up, that's why I have more then one calendar. (Hello, I get it I'm a freak!) So I ask you what sort of calendar do you keep?

5 comments:

Dawn said...

I so agree about the paper and electronic calendar. I haven't used a paper calendar for the last couple of years, and I miss it. I was going to go back to one this year, but it's September and I haven't done it yet. I guess I will make it my goal for 2010.

Marmie said...

I have no social life outside of work so I don't need a calendar. But, I am a list maker from way back to the 2nd grade. The nuns only had to send me home once for something I forgot. Never again! At work, I have a list on the computer that I check off and don't delete, because I like checking off, and, someone might be standing behind me and can see allllll the work I do!! :D

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

"Marmie" I know for a fact you have a social calendar outside of work, so you're not fooling me for a second!! (:

LIZ said...

I am neither a lister or a calendar keeper...but I do use a LOT of post-it-notes.

Although I do buy a really cool calendar every year

Sharon McKinley said...

Digital, paper, post-its, blackberry. With my memory, I can't have enough reminders of everything. But I like the paper calendar the best. Like you, I like to see everything for the month.