Thursday, September 10, 2009

Glass Starting To Look Half Full....Almost

I took Sloan to guitar lessons last week and had to go in with her this time because she needed new strings. While we were waiting for the strings to be put on her guitar I started talking to Hans her guitar teacher. Let me tell you about Hans, first of all his name is Hans, its like his parents knew he was going to play guitar! He is awesome and even I think he is cool and truth be told Sloan probably has a bit of a crush on him. He is the type of person who you just like being around and you can tell he really enjoys teaching kids. In fact most of the kids in Irvington take guitar lessons from him and if you talk to any of the parents they say I'm not sure if my kid likes playing the guitar or hanging out with Hans!

In the middle of our conversation he told me that he and his wife were just heart-broken about us losing our girls and he wanted me to know they were still thinking about us. Then he told me they were not able to have children of their own and that is why he felt so bad for our loss and why they have puppies and why he teaches kids.

My heart sunk for he and his wife and I instantly thought as bad as my story is, here are these two really great people who deserve children and they can't even experience the bad thing I had happen to me. For the first time in a long time instead of saying why me I thought why them?

I know there is always someone that has it worse then you do but this was one of those moments and perhaps I was ready to get the lesson that everyone has their own sadness to deal with and sometimes the pain is alot worse.

Of course my glass emptied a bit after all this though because the next day the hospital where I delivered the girls called me to remind me my tour of the maternity ward was that day in which I replied to them, umm yea I sorta had the big tour last month. It was while I was saying the words the person on the other line must have pulled up something to see she'd made a horrible mistake and as bad as she felt I didn't feel so bad she felt bad. So rest assure I've still got that bit of negativity in me that you've all grown to love!!

5 comments:

LIZ said...

Heres the amazing thing about Hans....he has made the best of what was dealt him in life, and in doing so, he is touching the lives of many people, which obviously gives him great pleasure...I think this is how we were meant to live out our lives here on earth.

Laurie..I am so sorry about the phone call from the hospital...that had to be just awful!! Methodist, get your records straight!!

Dawn said...

After this story, I have a crush on Hans...and I've never met him!

kieron said...

You are funny...did you really say, "Yeah, I really got a big tour already"?

Also - where were you this weekend? I had fun at your house there w/o you!

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Are you saying you would have no fun if I was there Kieron????

Marmie said...

Did you pray for patience the day you got that phone call? Because if you did.....
Just remember, there are a lot of us out here that think the world of you guys and all you have to do is call one when you're low.