Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Post to Our Neighbors



Last weekend Drew, Sloan and I cleaned our garage out and it seems like whenever we are outside a neighbor will come by to see what we are up to. We've been in the house for about 4 years and during this time our neighbors have seen at least 5 dumpsters in our driveway and countless tradesmen van's parked next to it.

None of my neighbors read my blog but I need to spout off a bit. If I have to hear one more time how much the previous owners cared about this house and how they were always working on it and how it was so cute when they lived here I am going to scream! I'm not exaggerating I think we have heard this comment at least 20 times! Ok I admit the house was cute when Drew moved in if you like 1980's country cute! Here's my biggest problem, we have replaced the roof, some windows, the plumbing, the plaster, the entire kitchen, the entire bathroom, the electrical and currently we are fixing the sewage problem, the doors, sealing the leaks in the basement floors and keeping up with the termites the previous homeowners left us to deal with.

So excuse me if I don't think the previous owners were all that but its a little hard to swallow especially when everyone who reads my blog knows about my legal trouble when I sold my home that was in fact beautiful and well taken care of!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh, gotta love neighbors. One of our neighbors, an elderly lady, came over and asked us if we got approval from the HOA for our landscaping. I said no, but at least we don't have brown grass now and Jim spouted off about them approving the ugly blue house down the road from us.

We have met more of our neighbors while out landscaping than I really cared to meet.

Kim said...

This is one good thing about renting - I feel no obligation to get to know or even to meet any of my neighbors. I also feel no pressure to work on the house or landscaping. I've told you about my neighbors...the people who like to hang out and have cookouts in their driveways. I guess if they're all out front, I can enjoy a nice glass of lemonade in peace in the backyard on my deck!

Anyway, I'll bet you anything, once you move, your neighbors will be saying the same thing about you to the new owners. It never fails.

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Oh I love the old man that lives next door to us!! (NOT) He is so po'd because we're finally putting up a privacy fence and its going to block his view of the main street, that he is no longer talking to us but all of our other neighbors have told us he is complaining about us. I can't totally complain though because the neighbor to our other side came to us and said he'd paid for the fence that is on his side of the property and we never even asked him to do it.

And Kim, you should just be thankful those neighbors don't put their couches in their front yard, I never knew people did that until I drove through some questionable areas in Indy!