Sunday, November 9, 2008

Week Two

Nope, I'm not even joking, this is the space I'm turning into my design studio. Pretty isn't it! This space is the scary place in our basement. Like I have stated before I have a desk upstairs in our loft but with the large projects I work on they end up being in everyone's way. Not only is this space scary and ugly I'm also doing it on a budget.



In between class and homework and Sloan I managed to go through all of my office things and art supplies. I wonder how many architect rulers one can actually own? Everything has been processed, and organized and will be ready for the space once the space is ready for it.

While organizing I ran across one of Sloan's 2nd grade journals and thought I'd share it with everyone, it is entitled, "When We Went to the Relatives House." I've left in the grammatical errors for the full effect.

I love the holidays when relatives come. Now here's how the storie goes. It was a cold but sunny day and it was a good holiday....Thanksgiving!!!! A.K.A. my moms favorite holiday. Okay now back to this story. Okay well as you all know it was Thanksgiving and we were goint to my aunt and uncles house for the feast. I loved to go there. So me and my mom went shopping for some food to bring to the feast. After shopping we got ready and went to the Thanksgiving feast. When we got there everybody who was suposed be there was there. My grandma, her dauter, aunt, uncle, great granma and us. First the grown-ups drank some wine. Then we ate the turkey and stuffing. We ate everthing exsept the pumpkin pie. (my favorite pie) So we ate the marbouless (I think that's supposed to be marvelous) pie. After we ate the pie the grown ups talked for hours. Everytime I tried to talk to my mom she said, "in a minute." and would always forget when the minute was up. But is was so so so so so much fun!

Me talking too much and my family drinking wine???? I think Sloan is a big time story teller!!

So my tip for everyone is to clean that office and those files, you'll never know what you might find to make you smile!

4 comments:

LIZ said...

that is sooo cute...not the future design space...the Sloan story!
If there was wine drinkin' going on that Thanksgiving, then you were probably at my house ;)

The design space is going to make a fab "before/after"...I know you will take it to another level!!

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Yes, we were at your house that year! Who knew!!

Dawn said...

That's such a cute Sloan story...keep them coming.

That space looks similar to my old basement when I lived in Broad Ripple. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Kim said...

Ooh, it looks like there's even a desk already down there for you to use. Seriously, is that really your basement, or a dungeon?!

That Sloan is so sweet!