Monday, November 17, 2008

Not Enough Hours in the Day



We've been pretty busy lately and quite frankly I don't know if I'm coming or going. Drew, Sloan and I have all been sick. I've had strep since last week and Sloan has a fever of 102 that won't seem to go away or down. To make matters worse, school is so busy that its pretty darn laughable. If I have to hear one more professor talk about the real world I'm going to scream. I miss the real world, I miss going to work at 9 and coming home at 5 and most of all I miss my paycheck at the end of the week. Most of all I want to ask them why the need for 100 hour final projects in addition to the final comprehensive final? I keep looking at the cover of my book to see if its not anatomy or physics because surely this must be medical school, surely you don't need to do this much work in order to pick out some fabric do you?

The photo is a picture of the inside of a house called Samara that i visited for my furniture class. The house was built by Frank Lloyd Wright and is in West Lafayette. It is a amazing home and I appreciate Wright's talents on a whole new level. The inside of the house is not for everyone's taste but honestly I don't think anyone could come up with a bad thing to say about the exterior landscaping of the home, its absolutely beautiful. Although I wasn't thrilled about having to take this field trip on my day off of school, I'm really glad I had a chance to see it.

25 days and counting until the semester is over!

2 comments:

Kim said...

It'll all pay off big time, I have faith! Hang in there!

I hope you guys get to feeling better soon, too!

LIZ said...

...sounds like somebody needs a glass of wine..

look at the whole bottle instead of the glass...that's my advice for conquering the "real world" ...you are going to be an Interior Designer with a paycheck and alot more flexible hrs than 9 to 5!!! so hang in there!