Monday, January 12, 2009

Less Then the Cost of a Purse







I finished the new office space in the basement during my Christmas break and I'm pretty happy with the results, especially since it cost me less then $150.00. Drew was nice enough to paint the ceiling and walls for me. Most of everything in the office I had already. Sloan was proud of me re-purposing the large white shelf that the previous owners left in the basement, it now holds all my art supplies. The biggest steal was the orange office Steelcase chair I got for $3.00 at the Goodwill Store. The biggest expense was $60.00 for a screen to hide the hot water heater in the corner of the space.

Its going to be nice to not have to work on my large design boards in the dining room anymore but now I'm going to have to come up with another reason for us to order pizza and eat in the family room!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Looks great, Laurie! (Duh, of course it does!)

And I don't think you really need an excuse to order pizza & eat in the family room, do you??

Dawn said...

You should have a very productive semester with your new cute office.