Sunday, January 4, 2009

I'm Alive


Its been awhile and in a week I'm back in school and I'm a bit anxious about this, on one hand I'm excited to get another semester under my belt but I'm also a bit freaked out about losing my life once again. Last semester, was a rough one for me, I have this problem of having to get an A on anything and if I don't, well I'm obviously a failure. Here's the things about A's and Laurie, I have to work really, really hard to get them, leaving no time for much else. Throw in being a mom and a wife well its the perfect ingredients for going a bit insane.

For 2009, I am going to attempt bringing things down a notch and letting go this need to do perfect in school and focus more on having fun, making memories with the people important to me and focusing more on my health and happiness.

This break has been great, I finished my office in our basement, stayed on top of the laundry, had some great one on one time with Sloan, had about the best Christmas in my life and brought in the New Year with the people I care about the most.

Sloan really had fun too, I think she may be a master ice skater at this point going ice skating at the park by our house as much as she possibly could.

The only problem is I'm still not back to normal human sleeping time yet, I still can't fall asleep before 3:00 a.m. That is on my list of to-do's for next week along with a trip to Ikea, cleaning my closet and Sloan's closet and room and getting a fun new haircut. The one thing I look most forward to is kicking Drew and Sloan out of the house and getting some alone time with Jennifer Lancaster and her books, I'm currently reading Bitter is the New Black and its hilarious.

So Happy 2009 to all and here's to remembering in the end everyone's lives can be summed up in a few sentences and with that said, its about time I stop sweating the small stuff.

1 comments:

Kim said...

Amen, Laurie! Although the reason for my busyness is a little different than yours, I completely feel your pain about feeling like you have no time for fun or anyone outside of your immediate family. I'm proud of you for working so hard in school, and I can't wait for you to finish and have the dream career you've always wanted. Hang in there!

On a side note, thanks so much for coming to Asher's party yesterday. I was impressed that Drew came, too - I haven't seen him since the time we bumped into him at lunch when I was pregnant! I hope we can make time for each other again soon.