Sunday, January 18, 2009

Having Fun with Strangers

I was at Target today buying groceries and I found the coolest pair of pj's for Sloan. Sloan collects snowglobes and I found a pair of pj's with snowglobes all over them, by Nick and Nora.

Sloan modeled them for Drew and I before she went to bed and didn't get the joke right away when Drew asked her to shake for us. Anyways, I might be weird but I use an account for our groceries and another account for Sloan's purchases, so I put the divider between the two separate transactions and informed the cashier. The cashier was more then happy to do this for me and lets face it I know I'm not the first person that has requested this. I mean come on, have you noticed at Target you can even use multiple credit cards for one purchase!

Apparently, the 70 year old prude behind me was a little upset that it was going to take another 2 minutes because of my outrageous request and gasped loud enough for the cashier to look at me and roll her eyes. Needless, to say she didn't know who was in front of her and I quickly grinned ear to ear and said...

That's funny you think I'm the type of person who is going to ignore how hilarious you just sounded!

She glared daggers at me and told her husband, "let's go to another aisle, we don't have all day"! The cashier replied to me, "Oh how I wish I could've been the one to say that to her, that was awesome!"

The cashier finished my second transaction before the bagger had even bagged my groceries and as I walked toward the exit, my new friend was in the check out lane 2 rows over, with 3 people ahead of her.

Apparently, she's one of those people who always seem to pick the wrong lane when she's in a hurry! Gosh, that's too bad!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

and I'm sure she had nothing better to do today.

Kim said...

That's awesome, Laurie! Old bitch.

Stephen said maybe she had some Metamucil and Polydent that she needed to purchase and run home to use immediately.