Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tourist In Chicago





Drew travels to Chicago a couple times a month for work and when Sloan and I can get away with him we jump at the opportunity. I miss Chicago and try to get back as much as possible. Sloan has basically grown up in Indianapolis so when we go to Chicago we go to the things I've seen a million times but she's never seen. When we head out to check out the city all that is missing are some sensible gym shoes and a fanny pack and I'm sorry that is where I draw the line.

For my sanity we did manage to check out Room and Board and Jonathan Adler's new store off Michigan Avenue but our big trips were to the Art Museum and ice skating in Millennium Park. Sloan's favorite artist is Edward Hopper but she also really loved one of my favorite pieces from back when I visited the museum for french club, George Seurat's, "Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grand Jatte. Sloan likes the piece because it was in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, the movie she's watched a million times because it was how her name came to be.

We had a great time as always and honestly everytime I drive into the city and see that skyline I think that site never gets old and that there is no better place and how much I love showing Sloan the best city ever!

1 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds like you girls had fun!