Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Halloween




I wanted to share a poem Sloan entered for the Irvington Halloween Festival poetry contest. I know I'm her mom but I think its pretty darn good!


It's Halloween night,
Are you ready for a fright?

Ghost and ghouls roam the street,
leaves rustling beneath their feet.

Witches and monsters cackle and growl,
hear the eerie night owl?

The kids howl, shout, and greet,
waiting for their Halloween treat!

Those kids don't worry about those things in the dark.
For they are not real, those things in the park.

Or are they??

Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Great poem, Sloan!

LIZ said...

This is fabulous Sloan. You can write well and you play the guitar. I think you are going to be a singer songwriter one day. How cool is that???

Sharon McKinley said...

What a great poem. It doesn't matter how old they are when they complete a school project. Chris called me the other day after giving a presentation on Bob Dylan saying that he knocked it out of the park!! He was so excited.