Sunday, October 26, 2008

How It All Began


My name is Laurie Jones. I am married to Drew and I have a 10 year old daughter named Sloan. I live about 10 minutes from downtown Indianapolis and really love living so close to the city. I was a paralegal for close to 15 years and I finally got to the point where it was either go to law school to get my law degree or go back to school and study interior design. This time, I followed my heart and not my head and I am currently in my 2nd year at IUPUI getting a degree in engineering and technology, which is really just a fancy way of saying interior design.

Looking back, I should of made the choice 20 years ago. As a little girl, I would actually get excited when I came home from school to see that my mom had rearranged the living room furniture. I spent hours in my own room drawing out sketches of my room and my future house. I would get yelled at for taking my mom’s Home magazine from her room and not putting it back where it belonged. While most kids hung pictures of Andy Gibb (yes I’m that old) on the wall I hung photos of rooms torn from my mom’s decorating magazines. I would look through the JcPenney’s catalog at the draperies and tell my mom about the perfect gold curtain for the living room!

I have lived in more houses then I care to admit to and its usually time to move when I have finished decorating it. I have a habit of selling everything and starting over again and my taste seems to change quite a bit. For the first time in my life I feel like things are falling into place.

I hope you enjoy my blog on my interior design studies and my home remodeling projects and who knows maybe some client's projects! I will warn you when I get stressed I use humor and sarcasm to get through it so be prepared for anything.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

yeah...your back in the blogging world. I could use some designing advice so keep the articles coming.

Courtney said...

Great idea. I will be a faithful follower!

Kim said...

Yippee!

Is that your mom in the green dress?

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Yes, its pretty freaky isn't it! The photo is my great-grandmother, my grandmother, my mom and me.

LIZ said...

yea!!!!! A new blog...I have missed checking in everyday on my lunch break...welcome back!!!

Kim said...

When I first opened the blog and saw the picture, I thought, what the flip is Laurie wearing, is this her Halloween costume? You look so much like your mom! Good thing she's pretty! ;)

Jenifer said...

What a beautiful picture. Such a treasure to have! Looking forward to keeping up with what is going on in "Laurie's World" :-)